Another day breakfast time again, and i decided to give it a miss because we stayed up late night to watch world cup when we are in Hong Kong. While parents went to try the other popular porridge Mui Kee Congee.
Address: 花園街街市 Fa Yuen Street Market, Level 3
Opening Hours: 7am – 3pm (Mon, Wed – Sun), Closed Tues
Nearest Station: mongkok station, exit 3b
Just before lunch time we head over to buy Jenny biscuit which is one of the popular souvenir that many will get when in Hong Kong.
Address: 54-64 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon | Shop24 Ground Floor, Mirador Mansion
Nearest Station: Tsim Sha Tsui Exit D1
Do bring along your own bag, many came prepare with cabin luggage, their biscuit are in tins, it can be pretty heavy. After getting the Jenny biscuit, we went for lunch at Ichiran Ramen. Long Q, very long, if you see the Q outside, expect to wait for more than an hour. We waited for an hour plus, and finally got our seats.
Ichiran Ramen Tsim Sha Shui
Address: Entrance Hall on G/F & Shop B, Basement Floor, 8 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Opening Hours: 8:00AM to 4:00AM
Nearest Station: Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit D2 (Exit A1 with escalator)
We return back to hotel to rest and to realize i left my coach wrist-let at the Ichiran, and i call back the shop, lucky it was still there. Although there is only 30 HKD left in the shop. So i quickly took train down to pick it up. Yes everything was there. After which, we went to mongkok to have a walk at the area and walk up to Kam Wah Cafe & Bakery for some snacks, must eat polo buns and egg tart in Hong Kong. Their Polo buns are really good.
金华冰室 Kam Wah Cafe & Bakery
Address: 47 Bute St, Prince Edward, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 6.30am to 11.00pm (daily)
There is another popular cafe nearby, if you wonder what to have breakfast/lunch, recommend you to try out the following cafe. U get to order toast bread and scramble eggs, and their milk tea is a must try if you are there.
華星冰室 Chrisly Cafe
Address: 地下c鋪, 107號 Sai Yeung Choi St S, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 7.00 am - 11.00 pm
Nearest Station: mongkok exit B2
We decided to go for a massage. The foot massage that i patronize whenever i go hong kong. I made a reservation before hand and i will always quote myself as first timer and took an hour foot massage. They have promotion at certain period, do do check it out. It is located at one of the building and you need to take a stairs up and take the lift. Not very easy to spot but the banner is available.
Address: 15 Floor, 642-646 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Opening Hours: 11.30am to 1am
After massage, sky starts to dark, and we are off for dinner at the at Yung Kee Roast Goose Restaurant.
Address: 32-40號 Wellington St, Central, Hong Kong
Reservation can be done online
Telephone: +852 2522 1624
Opening Hours: 11am - 11.30pm (Daily)
The hot favorite dish will be their Roast goose. They left last goose drum portion and we had it. It is pretty expensive, but is extremely nice. You can have it at hong kong airport too!
After dinner, as we walk back to hotel, i decided to take away some dessert, souffle. AM.PM, located just a street away from hotel. Tasty, cream brulee souffle.
It is our last day in Hong Kong, so I thought to went back to Australia Diary Company for breakfast. And unfortunately, it was dragon boat festival and they were close! With my disappointment, i went back to 金华冰室，a little regret for not trying out 华星冰室 as they are having long q and we need to depart to airport soon.
We took a cab from hotel to kowloon station, we got our hotel to book 2 cab for us. Usually cab driver will recommend to go airport directly.But we already book express train, we can check in directly. Wasnt expensive ride, but pretty fast. Upon arrive at kowloon, we check in our luggage, and head to the train are to board the train to arrive at hong kong airport.
If you are hungry, you can grab some bite in Hong Kong airport after entering. There are fast food and also food court available. Expect big crowds.
Where to visit when you are in hongkong
As I have been to Hong Kong a lot times so you will realise my itinerary are more on food.
if you are first timer going to Hong Kong and wish to explore more tourist attractions, the following are areas of interest you may wish to reference.
1. Disneyland can spend one full day in Disneyland if you have kids or youngsters.
2. The peak, if you go to the peak either day time or night time, however, I use to night time. You will get to see the lighted up building and night scenery in Hong Kong.
3. The wax museum aka Madame Tussaud’s you probably will take photos and it will takes you about 2 hours.
4. Avenue of stars, similar to the Hollywood walk of fame which located along the Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui. Night time there are lights show available
5. 1 day trip or 2 days 1 night in Macau. Simply book the ferry to Macau and take any hotel bus. As the hotel are nearby each other you can walk around. Check out the popular church board.
6. Lan Kwai Fong, located at The Central, if you are keen in terms of Hong Kong night life and have a drink this is the place you can visit. Whole stretch of pubs and Soccer match available.
7. The 2 popular street for tourist shopping are the temple street and ladies market. Is whole stretch of stalls, basically they are selling the similar things. You can slash price over there. But take a note, Hong Kong seller are known as bad temper, if you are not interested better don’t touch